Adjunct Instructor, Mathematics
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science Department invites applications for our Adjunct Instructor – Mathematics general pool of candidates from which part time faculty will be selected for the upcoming term (as needed). UC Blue Ash is the largest regional college in Ohio and one of the largest colleges at the University of Cincinnati. We are an open access college and offer primarily associate degrees with an enrollment of approximately 5100 students. All applicants for this position must have strong communication skills, and be effective classroom facilitators who enjoy teaching in a culturally diverse, student-centered environment.
Mathematics Adjunct Faculty
- Must be able to teach mathematics courses ranging from the developmental (pre-college) level through calculus.
- Use our course management system (Blackboard) and any textbook-specific systems
- Hold regular office hours
- Participate in at least one professional development workshop per year.
- All classes may be offered day or evening.
- Teaching is assigned on an as-needed, semester-by-semester basis.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field, preferably mathematics or mathematics education and teaching experience, preferably in a college setting, is required.
- Knowledge of issues in math education and classroom technology is preferred.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu. Create an Applicant Profile and upload your CV/Resume. Officially apply and include a cover letter of interest under 'Additional Documents' along with certifications and other necessary documentation. Official transcripts showing highest degree will be required at the time of hire.FOR ALL FACULTY HIRESOFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS [[mfield1]]