Adjunct Instructor - College of Nursing
Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis to be included in the general pool of candidates from which part-time faculty are selected to teach in the College of Nursing for the following:
- Execute detailed course syllabus in accordance with College curriculum plan.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with students and lead course faculty throughout the course.
- Evaluate student achievement of course objectives and submit grades within the parameters and timelines established.
- Participate in the course and teacher effectiveness evaluation process.
- Participate in faculty meetings.
- Report and be accountable to course coordinator.
- Orientation and scheduled meetings with faculty are mandatory
Minimum Qualifications: Master's Degree or above
Desired Qualifications: Master’s prepared in the area that you are teaching and prior academic experience. If filling a nursing specialty area, you must have a current Ohio RN license; otherwise, if applicable, an active license in your area of teaching is required.
The University of Cincinnati serves the people of Ohio, the nation, and the world as a premier, public, urban research university dedicated to undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, experience-based learning, and research. We are committed to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all of our activities. We provide an inclusive environment where innovation and freedom of intellectual inquiry flourish. Through scholarship, service, partnerships, and leadership, we create opportunity, develop educated and engaged citizens, enhance the economy and enrich our University, city, state and global community.
Information for Applicants:
- Term Adjuncts are appointed on a semester basis to teach one or two courses; workload does not exceed 16.67 credit hours annually
- All positions at UC require background checks
- Attach cover letter indicating experience as it relates to the position, CV and 3 professional references
- Official transcripts will be required if hired
- Benefits include tuition remission and retirement benefits.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS [[mfield1]]