Post Doc Fellow - Anesthesiology
Post Doc Fellow
Department of Anesthesiology
University of Cincinnati, College of MedicineThe University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight”. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. Click Enter to preview the description of Essential FunctionPreviewThe Davidson Lab at the University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine is seeking curious and motivated postdoctoral fellows to lead research projects investigating the neurobiology of pain, itch, and somatosensation. The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work productively both independently and as part of a culturally diverse team of students, staff, and faculty. Research in the lab is broadly aimed at understanding:
- Thalamo-limbic processing of pain and itch
In vivo and in vitro optogenetic/chemogenetic techniques are used in conjunction with electrophysiology and mouse behavior.
- Physiology of viable human sensory neurons and interaction with skin
Recovery of human sensory ganglia and investigation of membrane excitability and response profiles in models of neuropathy, dermatitis, burn, and wound healing.
Primary DutiesClick Enter to preview the description of Primary DutiesPreview
- Perform and conduct research required by faculty supervisor to a high standard and in accordance with all institutional and federal regulations.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- May support the development of proposals for research-related funding and grants.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research as directed by and with the support of associated faculty members.
- Communicate to project team progress and results of research activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
Click Enter to preview the description of Minimum Requirem
- Ph.D., M.D., or M.D./Ph.D., required
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with students, faculty and staff from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of a specialized field, process, or discipline
- Interested candidates should provide 1) A 1-page statement of interest, 2) CV, and 3) Contact information of three individuals familiar with the candidate’s work.
- Questions may be directed to Steve Davidson: [email protected]
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS