Technology Coach - FWS (19/20)
Request to Recruit InformationPosition Recruitment Information Job TitleTechnology Coach - FWS (19/20)Student Position TypeFederal Work StudyAppointment TypePart-TimeFTEWork Schedule
We offer flexible work hours, based on the student’s availability. The Center is open Monday-Thursday 8:00am – 10:00pm, Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am – 3:00pm, and Sunday 1:00pm – 9:00pm.Department ManagerNancy ReyesHiring ManagerEbony Williams Position Summary Information for Announcement Job Description Summary
University of La Verne community members occasionally need help troubleshooting minor issues or executing formatting functions in programs such as Microsoft Word, Blackboard, Digication, etc. Technology Coaches are trained to assist with technology related questions and to manage the ASC’s computer lab in ACC 216.
Tier I Technology Coaches (FWS only) will work regularly scheduled hours in the ASC computer lab. These students will be trained to operate various computer applications and will support students, faculty, and staff via drop-in coaching sessions.
Tier II Technology Coaches will be proficient in various computer applications and will support students, faculty, and staff via previous scheduled coaching session.
Tier III Technology Coaches will be proficient in various computer applications and will specialize in one application. In addition to coaching students, faculty, and staff, these coaches will be trained to train, observe, mentor, and support Tier I & II Technology Coaches.Specific Duties
This position typically consists of:
- Aiding students and faculty with computer use and in troubleshooting minor technology issues
- Attending and actively participating in regularly scheduled paid training
- Promoting technology coach support on campus
Tier I Technology Coaches will also be responsible for:
- Monitoring hardware and reporting damaged, malfunctioning, missing, or hazardous equipment
- Walking through the ASC’s computer lab periodically to check-in with students and offer assistance, as needed
Tier III Technology Coaches will also be responsible for:
- Collaborating with colleagues to plan training sessions
- Conducting regular observations of team members and documenting feedback
- Establishing bi-weekly meetings with team members
All applicants for the position of Technology Coach will be reviewed and selections will be made based on the following qualifications:
- Currently a student at the University of La Verne
- Technologically savvy: Comfortable navigating most applications and computer-based software (Training will be provided for Tier I applicants; therefore, no prior experience is required.)
- Demonstrated dependability and responsibility in other work or volunteer positions
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve in a busy work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to help students construct their own understanding of the software and applications
- Eligibility for Federal Work Study
- Computer knowledge and experience, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Digication, Qualtrics, SPSS, R, Google Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe InDesign, or Adobe Illustrator
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.LocationLa Verne Central CampusIf Other, please specify. Posting Detail Information Posting Number20190620SESpecial Instructions to ApplicantsOpen Date06/06/2019Close Date06/01/2020Open Until FilledNoQuick Linkhttp://laverne.peopleadmin.com/postings/8535Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).