ASSOC DIR ANNUAL FUND LAW SCHO
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title ASSOC DIR ANNUAL FUND LAW SCHOOL Position Number 8100051 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Chicago-Water Tower Campus Department Name DEVELOPMENT - LAW SCHOOL Location Code DEVELOPMENT - LAW SCHOOL (03633A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for implementing strategies related to the overall operation of the annual giving program and in coordination with the Alumni Relations team, the reunion class agent program of the School of Law. Responsible for the development and coordination of direct solicitation of annual gifts via Phonathon, direct mail, e-solicitation, as well as personal solicitation. Participates in special events, alumni relations efforts and general law school advancement affairs.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean, creates and implements strategies related to the annual giving program (including mail, phone, e-media and personal solicitations). This includes ongoing analysis and peer school bench marking.
- Administers the School’s direct mail calendar and deadlines.
- Coordinates with Phonathon director to integrate telemarketing and direct mail campaigns.
- Manages the Advancement Project Coordinator/Asst. Dir of Donor Relations defining the scope of responsibilities and building out the position’s duties in conjunction with departmental goals. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ensures that all School of Law donors are stewarded by the Advancement Project Coordinator/Asst. Dir. of Donor Relations in specific and meaningful ways.
- In partnership with the Advancement Project Coordinator/Asst. Dir. of Donor Relations, revises and carries out School of Law advancement communications guidelines, stewardship goals and processes, and acknowledgement procedures.
– Makes significant contact annually with alumni and friends of the Law School to manage fundraising activity. These responsibilities will include: Cultivation efforts via phone, email or in person; Solicitation of annual fund prospects and; Stewarding law donors with phone calls, emails or personal visits.
- Responsible for managing Damen Society communications, solicitations and stewardship. Encourages membership for donors who are not currently in the gift club and work with the Assistant Dean to manage existing members.
- Provides support to volunteer Annual Giving & Damen Society Chair as well as the Board of Governors’ Scholarship Committee.
- Develops and plans programs and strategies to advance the Reunion Program by coordinating direct mail for all classes (and our law team), and identifying giving committee members for each assigned reunion class.
- Recruits 10-15 alumni class agents for each assigned reunion class (generally 2-3).
- Creates template letters to be sent to all reunion celebrants and incorporates these mailings into the annual fund schedule.
- Coordinates with Law Communications and central Advancement on e-solicitation and ad or copy placement in the Loyola Law magazine.
- Manages annual honor roll process for the School of Law.
- Coordinates with central Advancement on the law portion of President’s Honor Roll (Damen Society listing) if assistance is requested.
- Provides guidance and background to Central Annual Giving and Advancement Teams regarding law alumni and the solicitation strategies for them.
- Provides support as necessary for special events or alumni relations activities (frequent evenings and occasional weekends).
- Occasionally travels, when needed, for support at law school events around the country or attendance at conferences.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience required, with specific experience in annual giving for not-for-profit institutions, particularly in education.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of five to seven years of development experience in an annual giving program is required, or other development related fields, supplemented by experience as an employee of, or volunteer for, a non-profit organization.
- Candidates with familiarity of higher education are preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with strong writing and presentation skills, as well as the ability to present before a group.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Discretion and an ability to interact with high level donors.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office suite.
- Experience with donor data and market segmentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to learn Advancement Database.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree?
- * Do you have a minimum of five years of development experience in an annual giving program or other development related fields?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- LUC Careers Public Posting
- LUC Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- Agency Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Writing Sample