Position DetailsPosition Details Job TitleRESIDENT DIRECTORPosition Number8101827Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusRogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment NameRESIDENCE LIFELocation CodeRESIDENCE LIFE (03850A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? NoDuties and Responsibilities
- Supervises, recruits, trains and evaluates hall staff including assistant resident director staff (if applicable), resident assistants, and desk receptionists.
- Provides resources and support for hall/area activities and programs.
- Advises a hall or area council.
- Serves as a liaison with other offices and departments.
- Acts as the primary conduct officer in the assigned residential area.
- Participates in the departmental on-call duty and emergency response system.
- Maintains the facilities in the hall(s) in cooperation with the Facilities Department.
- Provides advice, support, assistance and referrals to resident students regarding academic, housing, personal or other concerns.
- Maintains office hours for residents and staff.
- Provides administrative functions for the day to day operation the assigned hall/area.
- Performs other duties as required.
Master Degree in college student personnel, higher education or human services field required. Live-in required. Experience working in residence life or student affairs required.Qualifications
—Must have an understanding and appreciation for the Jesuit mission of Loyola University Chicago.
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? NoPhysical DemandsNoneWorking ConditionsIrregular HoursOpen Date06/07/2019Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11227Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in college student personnel, higher education or human services field?
- * Do you have experience working in residence life or student affairs?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application