Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $48,000.00 - $54,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription
Under the general supervision and direction of the Director of Alumni Relations, the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations assists in administering and managing a comprehensive program of alumni relations. This includes coordinating events, activities and volunteers; providing alumni with timely and appropriate service, support the fundraising efforts of the college in relation to the alumni population, and participate in the administrative tasks as related to the Alumni House and Office.
- Represents Flagler College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Flagler College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Flagler College – an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Plans and staff alumni events, both locally and regionally. Travels to events as needed. Coordinate all campus services related to event management including scheduling; catering; custodial, maintenance and grounds requests; media services; and public safety.
- Oversees the maintenance of alumni website pages, class notes, and mass email conception.
- Establish and build relationships with alumni, and engage alumni with the life of the college.
- Support the planning and execution of Alumni Weekend, and supervise temporary student help and alumni weekend interns.
- Negotiate pricing and services for external vendor contracts in relation to alumni events.
- Update and maintain alumni records, and communicate alumni updates with Advancement Services.
- Field daily alumni inquires and requests.
- Incorporate annual giving opportunities for alumni in external communications, including email, social media, and face-to-face conversations.
- Collaborate with offices on campus to create opportunities for alumni to engage with their alma mater in meaningful ways, including maintaining a relationship with the Career Development Center.
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Campus committee work, as assigned.
- Represent the department at meetings, alumni gatherings, recognition events, funeral services, and professional conferences.
Applications will be accepted for this position through June 21, 2019.Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required. One to two years of experience in event planning or customer relations.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, social media platforms, and mass email marketing tools. Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple and competing projects on an ongoing basis.
- Must qualify for a Florida driver’s license and the ability to drive a car.
- A willingness and ability to travel 10-20%, including airline travel.
- Must be able to speak over the phone as well as communicate via email.
- Must be able to move 20 lbs on a regular basis.
Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic