Part-Time Faculty—Early Childhood /Special Education – Fall 2019
Position Title:Part-Time Faculty—Early Childhood /Special Education – Fall 2019 Position Number:10042313 Benefits Eligible:No Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a part-time faculty member and EdTPA facilitator for the Elementary/Special Education program.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The faculty member will:
- Teach undergraduate courses for the Elementary/Special Education program.
- Supervise students in the Elementary/Special Education program.
- Have a strong understanding of the content and curriculum necessary for the dual degree.
- Foster teacher candidates’ confidence and efficacy in early childhood and special education settings.
- Be able to train faculty and supervisors in better understanding the EdTPA.
- Be able to train faculty in incorporating EdTPA components into the curriculum.
- Be able to train students in understanding and completing the EdTPA portfolio.
- Represent the ELE/SPED program at meetings to discuss EdTPA progress and data and, when necessary, attend other meetings as related to EdTPA across the state, regionally, and nationally.
- Earned doctorate in Elementary Education, Literacy Education, Special Education, or a closely related field
- Experience in curriculum development and program evaluation is required.
- Ability to work within an innovative and highly collaborative environment.
- Prior experience and training with EdTPA.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.