Assistant Coach, Women’s Soccer
Position Title:Assistant Coach, Women’s Soccer Position Number:10043271 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:07/19/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Coach for Women's Soccer. The Assistant Coach will assist the head coach in fostering and encouraging the goals of student-athletes, and stresses the elements of sportsmanship and fair play. Teaches courses as assigned in Health and Physical Education Department. Facilitates the mission of UNG, the Peach Belt Conference, and the NCAA.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Coach will:
- Assist the Head Women’s Soccer Coach in conducting the UNG soccer program according to all university and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Assist in the scheduling and supervision of regular practice sessions and intercollegiate games. Participate in the recruitment and mentorship of student-athletes.
- Support the academic mission of the university; demonstrate a strong commitment to the retention, academic success, and graduation of student-athletes.
- Assist with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical exams, and provide NCAA reports to the Compliance Office as required.
- Communicate and develop rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff, and administration; engage in public relations activities; participate in a variety of fundraising activities; promote UNG and the soccer program in a positive manner.
- Teach courses as assigned in the Health and Physical Education Department
- Perform additional duties that may be assigned by the Head Coach or Athletic Director.
- Must have knowledge of soccer
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- High ethical standards and ability to relate to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics.
- Master’s degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, or related area.
- A minimum of one year of coaching experience is required.
- USSF or NSCAA license is required. Must be willing to obtain certifications in CPR/First Aid.
- Experience coaching goalkeepers preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.