Special Assistant to the Executive Director
Job Title: Special Assistant to the Executive Director
Location: GA Southwestern State Univ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 1990
This position provides specialized assistance to the Executive Director in the management of RCI functions and in other areas as assigned. The Special Assistant will serve as a key partner to the Executive Director in advancing the mission and goals of RCI to impact the lives of caregivers across the country.Responsibilities
- Provides executive-level support for the work of the Executive Director. (90%)
- Supports the Executive Director and the broad agenda within the organization and around the country.
- Helps set priorities among issues and constituents.
- Ensures the Executive Director is responsive to requests and inquiries.
- Assists the Executive Director with meeting and event preparation.
- Serves as senior advisor to the Executive Director.
- Responds to concerns, issues and inquiries on the behalf of the Executive Director.
- Assists the Executive Director in establishing and accomplishing goals.
- Tracks commitments and deliverables to internal and external partners with a customer-service attitude.
- Performs a variety of related duties. (10%)
- Bachelor’s and five years OR a Master’s and three years of related professional experience.
- Experience working strategically and collaboratively across organizations in very fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated effectiveness, versatility and action-oriented behavior.
- Exceptional writing skill and communication skills, including a proven ability to prepare and present clear and concise reports to senior management and articulate complex and/or technical issues to various stakeholders.
- Experience staffing and advising a senior executive or political figure with experience strategically managing an executive’s calendar, scheduling/logistics and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently; excellent organizational and delegation skills; and ability meet deadlines with short turn-around times.
- Dedication to the mission of the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving.
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Skill in coordinating activities with a wide-variety of stakeholders.
- Skill in developing and implementing short- and long-range plans and priorities.
- Skill in the use of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in decision-making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in multi-tasking within a complex, fast-faced dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of program development, design, implementation and assessment.
- Ability to function effectively in ambiguity.
- Skill in building and maintaining relationships with diverse organizations and partners.
- Skill in maintaining the highest level of integrity and discretion in the management of confidential information; possessing, strong personal ethics; and demonstrated sound judgment.
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.