Assistant Director of Residential Living
Job Title: Assistant Director of Residential Living
Location: GA Southwestern State Univ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 2027
Job Summary This position is responsible for the administrative oversight of residential living operations within the university’s residential facilities and for leading programs and initiatives that enhance residential student engagement and retention. This position is required to live on campus and assumes shared responsibility for on-call duty and responds to crisis and emergency situations.
- Directs residential living programs and operations. (40%)
- Leads programs and initiatives focused on residential student engagement and retention.Oversees residential living operations, including community building, roommate issues, room assignments, residential assistants, desk attendants, and room maintenance requests.Assists with creating, implementing, and monitoring residential living and learning communities.
- Performs budget management duties related to student engagement and Residence Hall Association (RHA).Assists with housing reports related to occupancy, safety, incidents, and other related items.Provides leadership to direct reports and staff, including creating common vision and goals, seeking and providing input, delegation of responsibilities, and evaluation and assessment.Works with key stakeholders on process improvements and new initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of current best practices related to residential living.Maintains up-to-date knowledge and implements best practices related to student development, diversity and inclusion, and student engagement.Maintains thorough knowledge of federal, state, USG, and university policies and regulations related to Student Engagement and Success.
- Attends university sponsored student programs as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in higher education, student services, counseling, human development, or a related field; andDemonstrated advancement in leadership roles in residence life/housing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please attach a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of GSW and University System of Georgia policies and procedures.Knowledge of best practices in the field of student residential services.Knowledge of student development theory and its application to residential programs.Knowledge of budget development and management principles.Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.Knowledge of program assessment and management principles.Skill in leading co-curricular activities and programs that align with academic pathways.Skill in collecting and analyzing data.Skill in monitoring student leaders.Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs.Skill in decision making and problem solving.Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.Skill in oral and written communication.
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.