(Non-Benefited) Teller/Customer Service - Student Accounts
Category:: Administrative Support
Department:: Student Accounts
Locations:: Holyoke, MA
Posted:: Jun 6, 2019
Closes:: Jul 5, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: PT No Benefits
About Holyoke Community College:
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for.
For over 63 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options.
The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 10,000 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Provides service to students and parents at the tuition payment counter; processes cash, check and credit card payments, mail bills, and processes incoming mail; places and removes registration holds; and answers phone calls.
Note: Students currently enrolled at HCC are not permitted to work in this position.
- Posts payments from students and various outside agencies for items such as tuition, fees and student parking tickets, etc.
- Responds to student questions relative to billing and account balances in a professional and courteous manner reflective of HCC goals and policies.
- Processes tuition waivers on behalf of faculty, staff, veterans, and senior citizens, etc.
- Reconciles daily receipts, prepares bank deposits and generates reconciliation reports in conjunction with SCT Banner and the College's financial reporting system.
- Assists in the preparation and mailing of bills to students.
- Performs related duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Cash, check and credit card handling and computer skills; strong customer service and communication skills; proficient math calculation skills; ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty & staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
COMPENSATION: $12 per hour, non-benefited
HOURS: 18.5 hours per week; Preferred work schedule: Tuesday & Thursday 9 - 2, Wednesday & Friday 9:15 - 1:30 pm
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) and
- List of references with names, e-mail addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: Screening will begin will applications received by July 5, 2019. Additional applications may be considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants - Login to your Holyoke Employment Account to check completed application. https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp