DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Executive Assistant
Job ID 3587
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Executive Assistant assists in the management of all administrative functions of the Office of the Executive Vice President. The Executive Assistant assumes responsibilities of the role in accordance with the mission and values of DePaul University.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain the calendar of the EVP and AVP. Schedule on-going and ad-hoc meetings with trustees, university leadership, direct reports, university councils and external stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate on-site and off-site meetings for some committees of the Board of Trustees, Operations Leadership Team, some university committees and councils, Community & Government Relations groups and ad-hoc teams. Responsibilities includes scheduling participants and meeting locations, catering, fulfilling A/V and teleconference requirements, and arranging travel as necessary.
- Administrative support for the EVP, AVP and units/councils supported by the Office of the EVP. Responsibilities include internal and external correspondence, representing the office in day-to-day interactions with areas throughout the university, phone coverage, reception, copying, filing, ordering of office supplies, and printer maintenance.
- Reconcile Office of the EVP departmental expenses monthly.
- Review and prepare for approval ProCard statements and expense reports for the president and EVP's direct reports.
- Manage specific projects (e.g. collection and leadership review of materials for a meeting of a committee of the Board of Trustees committee meeting) as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of five years of administrative experience.
- Two to five years experience providing administrative assistance at an executive level.
- A high school diploma is required. An associate's degree or bachelor's degree.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all relevant university policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall quality of work performed by any temporary staff, making certain they represent the Office of the EVP in an efficient, helpful, professional and courteous manner.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Committed to consistently delivering outstanding quality work. Accuracy in information and clarity in presentation are a priority for all tasks.
- Capable of adhering to processes, procedures, and approaches that often vary across tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with trustees, executives and individuals at all levels in the organization in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Excellent organizational skills. Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and responding to disruptions to plans.
- Ability to track and handle multiple tasks and calls efficiently and effectively.
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion and care.
- Ability to use reference materials and the Internet to perform research.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience using ERP technologies.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
For consideration, please include a COVER LETTER with your application.
- This position has access to confidential information.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: