Job Number: 83412
The Stanford School of Medicine is looking for a Software Developer to join its Application Services team in the Office of Information Resources & Technology (IRT). Stanford University School of Medicine is Stanford's largest academic school. The Office of Information Resources and Technology (IRT) supports the School of Medicine's core missions; health care, research and education.
To support the research area of our mission, Application Services is looking for a talented software developer who will build secure cloud services and manage cloud infrastructure in support of two research projects. The first project is a collaboration with Apple where Apple Watch data is used to identify irregular heart rhythms. The second project is to build a centralized solution with end-user tools for recruiting study participants. The solutions you create will be used by researchers to enable the success and advancement of Stanford Medicine.
Technical tools and knowledge we would like you to bring to our team:
To support our collaboration with Apple and our other projects we are looking for someone who can:
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Knowledge of application domain.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
This position is located in our new Stanford Redwood City Campus.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4822
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 83412
Location: School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency