Senior Software Application Developer
Senior Software Application Developer
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Senior Software Application Developer develops and maintains the Library's various websites running on Drupal and WordPress, and other electronic services to provide instructional and educational tools and contributes to internal systems for strategic library management. S/he formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems as well as prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written under general supervision. Reporting to the Head of Law Library Technology, the Senior Software Application Developer has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Maintains and develops web applications and resources for the Library's websites using Drupal, WordPress, Microsoft Access, SQL, and other technologies as needed.
- Specializes in applications that support teaching and reference functions of the library staff, particularly librarians involved in these functions.
- Trains library staff in the use of web authoring software such as a Content Management System (CMS), and in other technologies and software as needed.
- Maintains and improves own web programming skills and knowledge of educational technology.
- Contributes to discussions with the Law Center's web group and web developers, collaborating on shared projects relevant to library goals.
- Produces detailed documentation of developed applications.
- Documents recurring application issues and their solutions.
- Writes product and user documentation.
- Serves as a point of contact for Law Library Staff.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-4 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Technology capabilities required to excel in this position include experience with tools such as Drupal, WordPress, SQL Server, PHP or Python programming, and other complex technology tools for web development and electronic services delivery
- Deep understanding of Drupal architecture and APIs
- Experience developing custom modules
- Experience integrating Drupal with 3rd party APIs
- Comfortable with command line, git workflows, and Vagrant/Docker or similar
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Senior-Software-Application-Developer_JR06761
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency