Assistant Director of Small Business Development Center
Illinois Wesleyan University (IWU) is accepting applications for the Assistant Director of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC). This position will help grow entrepreneurship among small businesses within McLean County, Illinois, by providing support for business development and/or expansion initiatives that increase productivity and profitability, result in job creation or retention, and contribute to the region’s economic vitality.
The Assistant Director reports to the Director and will be responsible for ensuring the success of the center’s consulting operations and will work with the director of the McLean County SBDC at IWU, university faculty, university students, economic development organizations, lending partners, and business support partners, to identify small business needs and resources available to support entrepreneurial development.
- Provide one-on-one professional consulting with small business clients needing support in the following areas: business plan development, financial analysis, merger/acquisitions, divestitures, accounting, spreadsheet application and planning, marketing research, business marketing, business management and operations, human resources, legal issues, technology, commercialization, and global sourcing
- Implement processes and procedures to assure the delivery of high quality services and client satisfaction
- Train, supervise, and manage undergraduate student interns.
- Manage and update Center’s website and social media content, maintain accurate and timely information, highlight success stories form clients, university and partners.
- Develop educational materials, coordinate educational programs and instruct as appropriate.
- Facilitate questions, offer services, and serve as the main point of contact for the center’s offering of educational programs and consulting services.
- Connect business owners with financial resources, technical assistance, educational programs. Marketing, and government assistance.
- Coordinate workshops and educational opportunities for business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs to learn more about business development, financial programs, accounting, marketing taxation, technology commercialization and other resources available to help meet their business needs
- Design and enhance opportunities for students, faculty and alumni to engage in academic, co-curricular & extra-curricular opportunities with the SBDC and its clients.
- Master’s degree required; Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economic Development or related field.
- Ten years’ minimum experience related to the essential responsibilities and duties of the position. This could include a combination of marketing, insurance, economics, banking management, industrial development, research, community or economic development, business administration, real estate development, law, and/or related field.
- Significant knowledge of entrepreneurship, small business management and operations, accounting and financial analysis, marketing, market research, human resource management, financial lending procedures and legal issues.
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Within your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of this opening. The University is committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion. Please feel free to share any opportunities you have had in collaborating in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html.
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Assistant Director of Small Business Development Center
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly