Adjunct Instructor, Dental Career Academy
To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
$1,208 per credit hour of instruction.
Teaches afternoons 1:30-3:00 pm.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited direction, the Dental Academy Adjunct Instructor is responsible for fostering student learning in the areas of dentistry as it relates to the exploratory career pathways of Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting and Dental Technology. This position will teach as part of the College's College Credit in High School outreach at the Kirkwood Regional Center at the University of Iowa (KRCUI) in Coralville, IA. Monday through Friday hours during the fall and spring semesters, with a varying schedule between classroom and lab focused on teaching. Must develop, implement and evaluate instruction, and report and record student achievement in assigned courses in accordance with department, division and college policies and procedures. Teaching responsibilities include lecture, laboratory and may include some clinical settings.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Effectively teach assigned courses.
- Develop course material.
- Prepare student learning activities.
- Evaluate student performance.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Maintain program compliance according to accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of current Dental protocols and requirements.
- Work with the college's computer system- including TALON and Eaglenet.
- Knowledge about methods of instructions, testing, and evaluation of students.
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, and have good communication skills.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Baccalaureate or graduate degree in the subject area or related area of study.
- Has special training and at least 6,000 hours of recent and relevant work experience in the subject area of instruction.
- Certified Dental Assistant, Dental Technician or Dental Hygenist.
- Registered in the state of Iowa
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be currently registered within the state of Iowa.
Kirkwood Community College declares and affirms that it values and respects diversity and inclusion in all College-sponsored events, all employment practices, and all educational programs and activities. The College will not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment of persons on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Anyone who has questions or complaints should contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, or by phone to (319) 398-5572, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560, Fax: (312) 730-1576, Email: [email protected].