Adjunct Faculty - Diesel Mechanic Instructor (Workforce Development)
Adjunct faculty are part-time faculty hired to teach on a semester basis. Develop and deliver Workforce course offerings specific to training diesel mechanics. Our team is currently looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to keep up our level of commitment to safety and educational excellence. In this role, the successful candidate will perform and teach truck and bus (additional diesel skills a plus) repair and maintenance education in accordance with factory and industry standards, teach students how to run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to accomplish tasks. This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Mechanic to apply his or her skills in an educational setting that offers a great part-time opportunity to earn some extra income.Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
Provides classroom based instruction and student academic support for assigned classes. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction.
Responsible for providing face to face instruction to local organizations and businesses within HACC’s service region in the area of diesel mechanics.
- Must possess a valid CDL license
- Heavy Truck Diesel ASE Master Certification Required, as well as G1
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Experience as a Diesel MechanicQualifications: Preferred Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Diesel Mechanic
- Excellent reading, writing and speaking skills
- Previous teaching experienceAdditional Knowledge and SkillsPhysical RequirementsLicensing Requirements
PA Act 15 Clearances
As a requirement for this position, you are expected to provide current copies of the following: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check prior to your first day of employment. These must have been obtained within the last 60 months and for the purpose of employment (not volunteer). You may submit current copies of your clearances to the Office of Human Resources at the time an offer of employment is made.Job Open Date02/16/2017Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first hear about this opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- PA Job Gateway
- HACC Website
- Employee Referral
- Other, please specify below
- If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently hold a CDL Class-A?
- Cover Letter