Marketing and Communications Project Manager
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its eight award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
Are you a skillful, creative, and persuasive storyteller and communicator? Are you visually versatile across platforms? Can you distill an idea or trend into a successful digital and print marketing campaign? Is it important to you to work at an organization that holds social justice and diversity as core values? Are you fluid in modalities and practices of wellness, health, and healing? If so, we want to hear from you!
CIIS' Marketing and Communications Department is seeking a stellar Marketing and Communications Project Manager to complete our already-awesome team. You'll get to help us build, create, and play.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate:
- Will play a lead role in defining communications and marketing strategies, and managing projects and campaigns for CIIS' four academic schools?specifically the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine toward raising brand awareness and attracting prospective students.
- Is a highly visual marketing/advertising expert with established results, preferably health or higher education organizations, who will help craft and implement processes and marketing plans from idea/inception to completion.
- Will be responsible for all aspects of marketing and communications project delivery: conceiving, executing, managing, and optimizing CIIS digital and print campaigns.
- Will provide professional management and project planning to the project team.
- Will be highly proactive and collaborative, working closely with University academic departments, the Admissions team, the Office of the President, web developers, and outside vendors.
- Has great interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and relishes working collaboratively across the University.
- Must be a creative thinker who is also tech savvy, and constantly seeking opportunities to optimize CIIS assets to better engage target audiences.
- Must also have the ability to communicate trends and best practices in a clear and compelling way.
- Definitely, will need a sense of humor.
- At least three years of related experience in marketing and communications, preferably in a higher education or health-related field.
- A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in communications, marketing, design, journalism, or related field
- Solid background and understanding of providing strategic communications
- Accomplished writer of digital content (web, blogs, email), social media, informational brochures and materials
- Ability to think critically and make necessary decisions
- Effective, efficient project management skills
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with MailChimp or other email platform
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Advanced skills in social media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Experience with SEO and social media strategies
- Experience with one or more CMS platforms
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Team leadership, motivation, and delegation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.