Senior Marketing Manager
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
Throughout its programs, the California Institute of Integral Studies strives to integrate mind, body, and spirit within an academic framework that promotes multiple ways of knowing and learning. With a mission to inspire personal and social transformation, Public Programs acts as an extension of the university offering approximately 120 lectures and workshops annually including 8-10 large offsite events. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for strategizing, coordinating, and executing all promotional and branding efforts of Public Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotion of Public Programs.
- Coordinate promotional efforts for workshops, performing arts, lectures, membership, and the CIIS Public Programs podcast.
- Create copy for promotional materials and website.
- Manage websites for Public Programs and its podcast.
- Design and distribute promotional e-mails.
- Manage and grow mailing lists and social media followers.
- Develop new mailing lists for key programs.
- Manages contractors and assistant staff.
- Create and maintain community partnerships to further promote existing programs and create opportunities for collaborative programs in the future.
- Manage and utilize social media, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Selects and directs creative support service contractors including but not limited to graphic designers, illustrators, web developers, and photographers.
- Works with Director to develop, maintain, and fulfill marketing partnerships.
- Provides creative direction and project management for all print and digital promotional materials.
- Prepares and manages annual marketing budget.
- Gather and analyze audience feedback.
- Develop and deepen relationships with media.
- Develops audience engagement strategies.
- Works with CIIS Communications department as needed.
- Develop new marketing strategies to both promote individual programs and the CIIS Public Programs.
- Works key special events.
- Gather analytics and data from digital and social media campaigns for better targeting and strategy.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-5 years of event/program marketing or production experience with attention to developing new markets is highly desirable
- Able to create effective and engaging marketing copy
- Eye for dynamic graphic design
- Experience in e-mail marketing, digital and print advertising, and social media
- Experience with creating regular email newsletters using industry standard newsletter programs
- Proficiency in databases, mailing list management, and e-mail marketing systems
- Appreciation for performing arts and public programming
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, operate under pressure, prioritize work assignments, and multi-task several ongoing projects
Ability to work on both high level strategy and the nitty-gritty at once
Experience managing contractors and assistant staff
Understanding of CIIS's unique culture and ability to develop new audiences
General understanding of public programs, university culture, and arts organizations
The ideal candidate will be flexible, good natured, and will have a sense of humor
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend event support to be provided as needed.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.