California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The HR Generalist/Recruiter is a key position in our small HR office. This person sets a positive, helpful tone for respectful, proactive customer service to all of HR's constituents, ensuring that critical services and processes are completed in a timely and accurate manner. The HR Generalist/Recruiter must be both a people person and a data person, who enjoys working in a practical, problem-solving capacity with all personalities, and gives great attention to accuracy and details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality customer service to all internal customers; respond effectively to walk-in, email and other inquiries and follow through by processing forms and providing appropriate responses and resources.
- Process new hire paperwork and updates for Student Workers, Teaching Assistants (TAs) and Research Assistants (RAs); coordinate as needed with other departments such as Financial Aid, Finance, Facilities and Operations.
- Handle and resolve employee relations issues and concerns from Student Workers, TAs and RAs.
- Organize, edit and maintain HR files, forms and materials; track and ensure completion, accuracy, and retention of mandatory forms (including I-9) for government compliance.
- Maintain electronic HR records; produce reports for internal use and government agencies, including wage and employment verifications; accurate and timely data entry of all personnel data.
- Recruit for open positions as assigned by the HR Manager and HR Director, including as a full cycle recruiter through gathering information from the hiring manager, drafting job descriptions/posting, posting jobs, screening candidates, assisting in candidate selection and hiring decisions, generating offer letters and related hiring and onboarding processes.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in and occasionally lead HR projects; plan and organize specific HR-sponsored and other CIIS Community events.
- Update, audit and archive personnel and other HR files.
- Proactively contribute to continuous improvement of HR operations and services; update materials and streamline processes; provide input on and work toward new systems and procedures.
- Assist HR Department via completion of various HR-related institutional reports; develops and delivers useful HR reports to management.
- Serve as backup on other HR functions, including benefits and payroll, as necessary.
- Maintain personnel files, including archiving and conducting audits to ensure employee files are accurate and in-compliance, proper storage & destruction of records.
- Prepare and maintain HR materials such as new hire packets, employee handbook, general HR forms, and the electronic forms on the HR intranet page.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least two years of employment experience in human resources
- Proficiency with HRIS/HCM software
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong customer service orientation; ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and tact
- Must be a highly-organized self-starter, who follows through on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- HR certification preferred
- Work experience in higher education preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Please note: a Cover Letter describing how your skills, experience, and career goals relate to the job is mandatory.