Executive Director, Corporate and Continuing Education
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number:Regular_0091060Position Title:Executive Director, Corporate and Continuing EducationClassification TitleDirector/Executive DirectorMin Salary$76,636Max Salary$88,133Salary TypeAnnuallyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:StaffPosition Summary:
The Executive Director of Continuing Education provides leadership and oversight for college programs in corporate and continuing education.
The Executive Director of Corporate and Continuing Education will collaborate with members of the Corporate and Continuing Education Leadership Team to ensure the delivery of superior programming and stellar customer service to internal and external customers.
The Executive Director oversees personnel in the Operations Support Center to include recruiting, hiring, training, supervising and evaluating Operations Support Center Specialists.Staff Required Education/Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in field related to area of assignment and six (6) years of progressive responsibility in area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:Desired Education/Experience/Skills:
• Master’s degree in field related to area of assignment
• Experience or training in business process improvement.
• Experience in higher education or public sector administration
• Experience and/or training in budget development, policy development, continuous improvement and systems administration
• Understanding of North Carolina’s program audit requirements and regulations
• Strong knowledge of the college’s course offerings, policies and procedures on course registration, course payment and refunds
• Supervisory and leadership skills
• Ability to make decisions and resolve conflicts or difficult/sensitive situations
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of marketing principles and practices
• Knowledge of budgeting principles and practices
• Ability to review and recommend changes to computer software and equipment
• Proficiency with office software such as email, spreadsheet and administrative information software
VariesPosting Date:06/03/2019Closing Date:Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Develop and administer budget for assigned areas of responsibility. Make recommendations regarding equipment, supplies, staffing and other items in accordance with identified needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Provide leadership for corporate and continuing education, internally and externally, including annual evaluation of program effectiveness and periodic program review.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Facilitate an effective working team relationship among team members through the use of quality principles and practices. Develop and maintain an appropriate professional network, locally and statewide.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Represent the college through appropriate membership and participation in community, civic, and professional organizations, locally and statewide.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Manage operational functions including but not limited to budgets, policies and procedures, audit compliance and marketing.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Development, execution and oversight of administrative policies, procedures and workflows.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Administration of noncredit course and student management system.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Responsibility for institutional reporting related to continuing education as well as oversight of program review processDuties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
Serve as member of the Continuing Education Leadership TeamSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- * How many years of experience do you have working in a Corporate and Continuing Education department?
- 0 - 5
- 5 - 10
- * How many years of supervisory or management expereince do you have?
- 0 - 5
- 5 - 10
- * How many years of experience do you have managing departmental budgets?
- 0 - 5
- 5 - 10
- * How many year's of experience do you have developing administrative policies and procedures?
- 0 - 5
- 5- 10
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Transcript 2