Human Resources Manager
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleHuman Resources ManagerUnion LevelDepartmentHuman Resources CampusSacramento Posting Number201301712PFull or Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Months12Work Schedule
Work performed during standard business hours. Additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel to off-site meetings, training or conferences.Position End DateOpen Date06/03/2019Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
For first consideration please apply before June 24, 2019.Position Summary Information Primary Purpose
To manage the front-end operations for Human Resources including key operations, records management, new employee paperwork, new employee orientations and special projects.Essential Functions
1. Oversee new hire paperwork processing, onboarding and new hire orientation of new employees to the Sacramento Campus.
2. Manage key University records including employee files, medical files, legal and other case files, performance evaluation tracking, new hire paperwork including I-9’s and background checks.
3. Coordinate termination process including exit interviews.
4. Manage campus EPAF processing.
5. In partnership with department leadership, manages employee relations ensuring policy and University processes are followed mitigating litigation and resolution.
• Provides guidance to supervisors on performance management, employee development, evaluation and corrective or disciplinary action.
• Facilitates communication among employees and supervisors, providing guidance and consultation to resolve internal conflict through conflict management and mediation techniques.
• Creates solutions and encourages promotion of a positive and respectful work environment for employees and students.
• Provides AVP with notification of all employee complaints with an action plan and summary.
6. Provides advice, guidance and counsel to staff, supervisors and others within University community regarding employment practices and employee relations practices.
7. Manages and oversees the performance evaluation process.
8. Participates in the delivery of training programs.
9. Works with different levels of the organization to build effective relationships and trust.
10. Other duties as assigned.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.Minimum Qualifications
•Three (3) years of Human Resources experience.
•Two (2) years of employee relations experience.
•One (1) year of supervision experience.
•Strong working knowledge of employment laws and experience applying them in the workplace.
•Strong customer service skills.
•HR Professional Certification a plus.
•HRIS experience, preferably Banner.
•Strong written and oral communication skills.
•Higher Education experience.
•Strong problem solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours. Additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel to off-site meetings, training or conferences.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience, exemptBackground Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have three (3) years of Human Resources experience?
- * Do you have two (2) years of employee relations experience?
- * Please explain your experience in employee relations.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have one (1) year of supervision experience?
- * From your supervisory experience, how long and how many employees have you supervised?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe what your progressive career path in Human Resources has been to date.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document