Assistant Director, Emergency Management
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Assistant Director, Emergency Management
Job ID 3596
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
This position works with the Associate Director of Emergency Management to provide research, technological development, planning, implementation and contract oversight related to campus emergency management communication and notification systems. The Assistant Director also works with the Associate Director on the development, training and drills associated with the university's emergency preparedness plans, as well as the development of any new programs as required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the university campus notification system which is a system of speakers and message boards located in all DePaul buildings on both Loop and Lincoln Park campuses. This includes trouble-shooting system problems, maintaining database of equipment, and liaison with vendor. Develop training for user of system as required.
- Assists the Associate Director of Emergency Management in development, updating and training associated with the university's emergency plan including emergency/active shooter response options.
- Develops & conducts table top emergency preparedness exercises involving Cabinet, Crises Management Team and other university officials and departments.
- Assist the Associate Director of Emergency Management in providing administrative support for emergency notification system used for voice/text/social media alerts, to include ensuring that critical application updates are managed, contact profiles are updated in a thorough and timely manner, system testing performed and is available to affect a launch of the notification application as required.
- Collaborates with Information Services & Public Relations on the development and updating of protocols and procedures associated with this emergency notification method. Develop training for end users of system as required.
- Develops & oversees programs associated with encouraging compliance with emergency response and planning at a departmental level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of three years emergency preparedness experience.
- Proven experience in emergency management training.
- Bachelor's degree in Emergency Management or Information Technology (or equivalent experience).
- Develops and oversees training for Public Safety officers related to emergency response plans.
- All funds associated with this area of responsibility are embedded in the Public Safety operating budget.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of emergency communication and messaging applications and software.
- Training skills.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- This position may be called on after hours to assist in emergency response or communication matters.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: