Digital Media Associate
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Digital Media Associate
Job ID 3592
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
This position reports directly to the Asst. Director of Visual Content and is charged with shooting and editing innovative photo and video content that supports the University's strategic plan. High-quality content will be created to be used across multiple media platforms. This position edits all visual assets and deliver content in appropriate file formats. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintaining processes, scheduling, and supporting department team members and maximizing opportunities for departmental success. This position will assist the Public Relations and Communications department in capturing important University activities and events, and produce content for Newsline, Newsroom, the department website, and the President's office; and other partners as identified.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Contributes to the visual representation of the organization, including still photography, video and multimedia projects.
- Provides end-to-end video and photography production for Newsline, Newsroom, and the President’s office; and other partners as identified.
- Proactively identifies and utilizes new media platforms and assists with the creation of creative concepts using multimedia to increase communication effectiveness in the promotion of the department and the university.
- Serves as one of the department’s primary photographer and videographer.
- Produces high quality photographs & footage using appealing shot composition, sound, lighting, appropriate use of equipment and effective troubleshooting.
- Reports on metrics and delivery of KPIs.
- Contributes new ideas and activities to increase department effectiveness and success.
- Assists in development, strategy and creation of projects.
- Stays up-to-date with trends, market standards, and have the ability to integrate them into video and photography.
- Utilizes & maintains visual services photo database and archives digital assets.
- Coordinates the organization of video/photography subjects/locations/schedules.
- Properly utilizes, transports, stores, and maintains photo, video and lighting equipment and assists in coordination of replacement and repair.
- Builds & maintains relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Assists with the building of Newsline.
- Provides turnkey editing of digital still photos using industry standard software such as Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Provides turnkey editing of video projects including video assets, audio, music, and visual effects using industry standard software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Audition and After Effects.
- Adheres to the department’s media workflow best practices and standards.
- Creates, edits and posts multi-media galleries for use on SharePoint platforms such as Newsline and department website & YouTube.
- Utilizes project management software to coordinate all video and photo projects.
- Collects information and writes AP-Style captions for digital still photos.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in photography, videography, digital interactive media, or related field.
- 2-3 years of videography, cinematography & photography experience OR Master's degree in a related field.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Ability to craft shots with limited direction.
- Editing/retouching experience with a layout, cropping, color correction.
- Strong communication skills for professionally interacting with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong conceptual ability with knowledge of lighting, composition, camera/lens combinations, lighting, capture, processing, grip equipment, theory and techniques of modern digital photography and cinematography.
- Demonstrated ability with photo and video editing software including Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects, Final Cut Pro, InDesign.
- Must have the ability to work as a partner collaboratively with parties.
- Demonstrated expertise in pre-production and post-production steps.
- Experience with camera rigs, tripods, & fluid heads.
- Must have exemplary professional and interpersonal skills.
- May occasionally stand for extended periods of time.
- May routinely lift more than 25 pounds.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND INCLUDE THE LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO.
- May occasionally work non-traditional hours.
- Many of the assignments will take place on location and will require evening and weekend hours.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: