Assistant Director, Online Program Development
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberSF00797Job TitleAssistant Director, Online Program DevelopmentPosition Number109345FTE1.00FLSAExemptPosition TypeProfessional StaffUnionPSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level14Pay Grade Range$73,061 - $92,990Status Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent Department Information DepartmentProvost InitiativesContact(s)Contact Phone/ExtensionContact EmailPhysical DemandsCampus LocationKingstonGrant FundedNoExtension Contingency NotesJob Description SummaryDuties and Responsibilities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by June 28, 2019. Second consideration may be given to applications received by July 19, 2019. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (July 19, 2019) may not be given full consideration.
Work with academic units to launch new online programs from market analysis through launch to fully scaled programs. Work with Deans, Department Chairs, and faculty to identify and develop high quality online programs, which are both marketable to students and have strong employment possibilities for our graduates. Work with leadership in Enrollment Management, Budgeting, Instructional Technology, Admissions, Marketing and Student Affairs to provide the infrastructure needed to support URI Online. Ensure URI Online is in compliance with all state and federal regulations including maintaining URI’s membership in SARA. Work collaboratively with the Assistant Directors for Instructional Design and Online Pedagogy to align their work with the development and launch of new programs. Collaborate with the Director and other staff in the Office for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (ATL) in strategic planning efforts and in the design of appropriate assessment methods for those efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the University’s development, implementation, and assessment of online programs including developing resources to provide guidance on how new online academic degree programs can be launched, made scalable, and be financially sustainable.
Collaborate with Deans, Department Chairs and faculty to identify promising online programs.
Collaborate with the Provost’s Office to ensure such programs have an independent analysis of the market for such program, the job opportunities for graduates, and the competition.
Work closely with program administration and key faculty to facilitate design and development of online programs.
Work closely with the Assistant Directors of Online Education for Instructional Design and Training to ensure faculty for programs are adequately trained, that courses are designed appropriately, and that all courses meet Quality Matters (or another similar standard) criteria.
Work closely with the Communications and Marketing Department on marketing of URI’s online program including the development of program websites.
Collaborate with Enrollment Services, Admissions, Instructional Technology, Institutional Research, the Budget Office, and other University Offices to develop systems and resources to support online programs.
Contribute to ongoing quality assurance efforts and benchmarking of programs.
Compile data on URI Online programs, distribute this information to URI stakeholders, and respond to information requests from external entities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printer, word processing, database management and spreadsheet software.Required Qualifications
1. Ph.D., Ed.D. or terminal degree with a minimum of two years of leadership experience in higher education, OR Master’s Degree with four years of leadership experience in higher education.
2. Minimum of four years of experience with online program management, marketing, development, regulatory compliance, and/or instruction.
3. Demonstrated experience with online innovation and best practices for supporting online programs.
4. Demonstrated experience to working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
5. Demonstrated success managing teams and complex projects.
6. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.Preferred Qualifications
1. Demonstrated experience with program assessment.
2. Demonstrated experience with data analysis and presentation.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Environmental Conditions
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date06/03/2019Closing DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 2 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
Note: References will be requested from finalists.Quicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/5050Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have Ph.D., Ed.D. , or terminal degree with a minimum of two years of leadership experience in higher education, OR Master’s Degree with four years of leadership experience in higher education?
- * Do you have a minimum of four years of experience with online program management, marketing, development, regulatory compliance, and/or instruction?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience with online innovation and best practices for supporting online programs?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience to working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders?
- * Do you have demonstrated success managing teams and complex projects?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral