Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Job no: 493786
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Admissions the position is responsible for participation in all aspects of undergraduate admission efforts including participation in all recruiting activities, application evaluation, interviewing candidates, and all other duties assigned by the Associate Director.
The Admissions Counselor will be primarily assigned to recruit high school seniors throughout the northeast region as assigned. Recruitment activities include comprehensive presentations to high school counselors and students during high school visitations; representing Rowan University at college days and college nights; holding group presentations; and representing Rowan University to parents and students at regional and national college fairs. The Admissions Counselor will participate in the University Open House Programs, Campus Visit Programs, Admitted Students Days and Tour Presentations and all other initiatives from Strategic Enrollment Management.
The Admissions Counselor will review applications for all active entry terms. Application review usually includes evaluating a complete application, including any supporting materials.
The Admissions Counselor will participate on University committees and in related professional association activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college.
- Highly motivated and works well independently.
- Availability to work day, evening and weekend hours - including the ability to travel extensively.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- 1-year related professional work experience.
- Experience working in a college admissions office, including recruitment travel.
- Experience working at a tuition-driven institution.
- Student-centered and able to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced academic environment.
- Highly proficient with technology, Banner, Slate CRM, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced team-leader with proven analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with various university constituent groups.
Starting Date: ASAP
Advertised: Jun 3 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 17 2019 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time