Full-time Faculty - Physical Therapy Assistant Program
Bay State College is seeking a Full-time Faculty Member for Physical Therapy Assistant Program for the College’s accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program. The position would be at the Assistant Professor level. Faculty members at Bay State College are responsible for providing effective learning experiences in the classroom and laboratory for students with diverse interests and abilities. Teaching, training, and/or laboratory duties will be performed under the supervision of the PTA Program Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester. Teaching may include didactic and/or laboratory course sections.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material). Conduct all classes as scheduled and for the required course hours.
- Provide instructional support to students by meeting with them during office hours and conducting individual and group tutoring.
- Refer students, when appropriate, to CLAS (Center for Learning and Academic Support) or Bay State College counseling services.
- Assist in the development and in the administration of discipline-appropriate measures of student academic achievement. Administer department-specific assessments designed to measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the department. Provide all results as requested.
- Evaluate students’ achievement of clinical and professional competencies.
- Participate in the governance of Bay State College and the PTA program, as appropriate, for accomplishment of the goals of the college and the PTA program.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures of the program that are consistent with the policies of Bay State College, or with differences that are justified by the goals of the PTA program.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a written plan for systematic evaluation of all components of the program. This evaluation will measure end of program student learning outcomes and program outcomes. The results of the evaluation will be used for the development, maintenance and revision of the program.
- Collaborate with the Program Director and other faculty in preparing the curriculum and courses that will meet program goals and objectives.
- Use teaching strategies that enhance student learning. Follows standard instructional design practices in course preparation, including the planning of current syllabi, development of learning activities and creation of examinations and other appropriate assessment tools.
- Maintain an environment conducive to learning in the classroom and lab.
- Participate in related duties and activities that may be assigned, including, but are not limited to: student advising, assisting with scheduling of classes, textbook selection, and developing curricula.
- Provide support to college and community relations activities.
- Maintain grade records as required by the College.
- Submit copies of all student grades to the Registrar by the assigned deadline at the end of each semester.
- Take attendance and submit attendance reports after each class.
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Participate in faculty workshops, orientations and other trainings as required.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the PTA Program Director.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid PT license
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward.
- Normal office conditions.
- Must be available to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Boston and Taunton, MA
Experience: at least 5 years’ experience in a clinical setting.
Didactic teaching experience preferred
Education: D.PT required
- Authorized to work in the following country: United States
- Willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter and current resume to the Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences, Cheryl McInerney, [email protected] Please include Full-time Faculty-Physical Therapy Assistant Program in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please.
Bay State College is a private career-focused college founded in 1946 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. With a Mission to prepare students for successful careers and global citizenship through academic rigor and individualized support, Bay State College seeks candidates who will be leaders in fulfilling that Mission.
Bay State College is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.