Assistant Director of Sports Information
Macalester College seeks to hire an Assistant Director of Sports Information to support in the coordination and execution of all public information items related to the intercollegiate athletics department. This is a full time opportunity that reports to the Director of Sports Information.Responsibilities
- Game/Event Coverage - Responsible for in-game statistics, post-game recaps and distribution of both to media outlets, NCAA, conference and opponents for assigned sports. Assists the Director of Sports Information with game day duties for other sports as needed.
- Website - Assists the Director of Sports Information with the maintenance of the athletics website, including but not limited to post-game recaps, photos, rosters, schedules, bios, statistics and records. Responsible for writing and posting releases to announce rankings, awards, etc. for assigned sports.
- Social Media - Assists the Director of Sports Information with posting to the Macalester Athletics social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube). Responsible for posting updates for assigned sports. Assists with design and video editing.
- Desktop Publishing - Assists the Director of Sports Information in the creation of printed materials such as game day programs and recruiting guides.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience in a college or professional athletics communication department preferred.
- Knowledgeable of statistical software ( Stat Crew, Genius. Presto, ect) and experience with Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign and Premier Pro preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff, with a commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.