Office ofAdministrative and Procurement Services
DistrictOffice – Dawson Technical Institute CampusThe City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinoisand one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 80,000 students eachyear access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students inmeeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into oradvance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer toa four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCCseeks candidates committed to our students’ success and offers a uniqueopportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students’lives. In support of this mission, theOffice of Administrative and Procurement Services provides coordination, monitoring,and leadership in the areas of Facilities Maintenance and Usage,Construction and Renovation, Plant Management, Auxiliary Services, CapitalPlanning and Development, CapitalFacilities Funding, Procurement of Goods and Services, Minority andWomen-Owned Business Utilization Program, Mail Services and ReprographicsServices and Copy Centers. Primary ObjectiveThe Business Manager plans,manages, and directs the staff and operations associated with fiscal activitiesfor the department; prepares annual financial reports; supervises auditedfinancial statements; and directs the daily administration and operation offinances. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and prepares the annual budget. Continually monitors budget and ensures all transactions are properly posted.
- Provides quarterly projections through revenue estimates from grants, donations and underwriting. Tracks, verifies, and reconciles grant contract funds deposits, donations, and other underwriting activities.
- Maintains the accounting system to ensure expenditures are posted to appropriate categories.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure budget control of each department. Establishes and adheres to internal controls which documents costs.
- Supervises support staff that are responsible for processing requisitions, purchase orders, and resolving vendor and customer service issues.
- Prepares annual financial reports for grant agencies, reviews and approves audits completed by independent auditors on financial statements and submits reports to appropriate agencies.
- Maintains financial and payroll records for allfull-time, part-time staff, in addition to independent contractors. Provides vendor financial management.
- Manages vendor contracts so that expenditures are compliant with board report and contract details.
- Provides hiring managers with periodic reports for maintenance of balanced consultant and service spend rate.
- Provides recommendations forfinancial policy to maximize the operating budget.
- Assists in labor relations activities as appropriate. Advises management on fiscal affairs by preparing financial forecasts, analyzing past performance, or conducting other fiscal analysis.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance,or Business Administration. Three yearsdirect managerial experience in an accounting environment.
- Previous experience in education ispreferable. Minimum one year experiencein managing federal and state grants. Supervisory experience highly preferred. Excellent writing and verbalcommunication necessary.
- Must be able to effectively represent theDistrict at various meetings. Must beable to work well with employees at all levels of the organization, as well aswith students and other customers.
- Must be able to handle all situations withtact and diplomacy. Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assesscurrent operations in an effort to improve the future goals. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timelymanner.
- Willingness to work irregular hoursincluding nights and/or weekends. Extensive personal computer and softwareexperience including word processing, spreadsheets and database management.
Chicagoresidency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are anequal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank youfor your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Primary Location: District Office
Job Posting: Jun 3, 2019, 4:32:43 PM