Administrative Support Assistant II
Job Title: Administrative Support Assistant II
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13725
Job Code: 1032 Administrative Support Assistant -12 Month
Job Grade: Assistant II
Department: Department of Public Health College of Health and Human Services
Salary Range: $2,600 - $4,458 per month (anticipated hiring salary: $2,600 per month)
Note: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), probationary, non-exempt positionvar RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
The Department of Public Health is one of seven departments in the College of Health and Human Services and offers curricula based on principles of public health practices leading to a Bachelor of Science degree at the undergraduate level and a Master of Public Health Degree.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Science and the Master of Public Health (MPH) are designed to prepare students for careers with official and voluntary health agencies at the federal, state, or local levels of government as well as the private sector.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Under the general supervision of the chair of the Department of Public Health, this position provides clerical support to the Department of Public Health which consists of fifteen full-time and 21 part-time faculty. This position has direct contact with all department faculty, students, other campus staff and visiting community members as guest speakers.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$2');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Assist with various department budgets' needs
- Place and initiate purchase order requisitions for all faculty, department supplies and or equipment (on-line) orders through Office Depot
- Follow-up with vendor and or Procurement Department
- Enter travel related information into Excel and Access
- Receive and distribute equipment and or supplies
- Arrange for equipment assembly as needed
- Place service requests with Plant Operations for necessary repairs and departmental faculty needs
- Process final paperwork and enter into both MS/Access and Excel, then reconcile with PeopleSoft financial report
- Issue permission numbers per protocol to students upon request by faculty
- Arrange room reservations and order catering when requested
- Assist in updating all department lists, faculty and staff personal information, department list with all faculty locations, room, phone, and e-mail addresses
- Reserve conference rooms for all monthly faculty meetings and departmental conference room needs
- Schedule and administer student evaluations with student assistant and faculty
- Assist Department ASCII with interview process for new student assistants
Secondary Duties of the job include:
- Assist Department Chair, ASC, and faculty with exam prep and minutes when needed
- Answer telephone and direct calls to proper campus faculty or staff
- Greet and assist faculty, staff, students, and community guest speakers
- Maintain student files and information (with student assistant)
- Process forms related to student coursework and advisement
- Serve as liaison between student and faculty
- Provide guidance to each student personally to solve or resolve any academic issues and or problems
- Assist with creation and presentation of Alcohol and Drug Certificates to those students who have completed the necessary courses
- Maintain, arrange, design, and update department bulletin board and display case
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General working knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices
- Fluency in using standard office software packages (Microsoft Office Suite, Google, email, calendar, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills
- Learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures
- Identify deviations from applicable policies
- Apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough, and at times, creative solutions
- Perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data
- Present standard information in writing effectively
- Understand, interpret, and communicate procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions
Education and Experience
- Completion of a high school program or its equivalent
- Two years of related experience in an office environment
- Demonstrated history of regular attendance and positive performance reviews
- Proficient in the use of FileMaker Pro
- Manage multiple clerical tasks and easily prioritize needs
- Understand and abide by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the confidentiality of records
June 17, 2019var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$9','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$9');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Temporary positions filled through recruitment may be extended or converted to permanent status without a second recruitment depending on the availability of funding and the circumstances that created the vacancy. A permanent or probationary on-campus applicant selected to fill a temporary vacancy at a higher classification or skill level that expires within the stated timeframe may return to his or her previous classification, not necessarily in the same position, subject to the conditions of the appropriate bargaining agreement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.