Assistant Director, Diversity and Inclusion
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Director of Diversity and Inclusion is an essential member of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI) team and contributes to the goal of Inclusive Excellence through efforts to build the capacity of stakeholders to enact Bentley University's strategic commitment to Diversity & Inclusion as an enabling feature of our future success. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, Diversity and Inclusion, the Assistant Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion including: coordinating and facilitating awareness and skill development sessions for faculty and staff, empowering community members through affinity group networks, assisting in recruitment efforts with human resources and admissions, and monitoring data to ensure equitable outcomes for all stakeholders. The Assistant Director works with faculty, staff, and students to enhance their knowledge, skills and sense of urgency that will encourage the continued integration of inclusive values and practices into the everyday life of the university. The AD manages existing programs and activities offered through the Bentley Brave initiative, LGBTQ Steering Committee, Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT) and Diversity Council in addition to developing new opportunities to promote innovations that unleash the strategic power of inclusion.
- Manage campus Bentley Brave, LGBTQ Steering Committee, Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT) and Diversity Council initiatives.
- Develop, implement, administer, communicate and assess comprehensive campus wide programs that promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.
- Strengthen engagement in ODI programs and initiatives among faculty, students, staff and alumni, including coordinating education programs that promote knowledge and implementation of inclusion initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a campus-wide strategic plan for Inclusive Excellence that contributes to greater levels of accountability and transparency at an institutional level.
- Act as a resource for faculty staff and students to identify best practices that further the continued development of a diverse and inclusive campus.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) plus 3 years of related experience in business, non-profit, or higher education.
- Involvement in activities that demonstrate knowledge, skills, and commitment to the strategic value of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and a keen attention to detail.
- The ability to interact with diverse populations and at all constituent levels within an organization.
- Experience with facilitation and/or delivery of training to groups of different sizes.
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- May travel offsite to attend meetings and other work related functions, travel may occur outside of normal business hours
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.