Adjunct Instructor: Human Services Management and Leadership Fall 2019
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000314
Job Title Adjunct Instructor: Human Services Management and Leadership Fall 2019
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor to teach in Department of Counseling and Human Services.
UNT Dallas - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help
shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic
support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families, and communities. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to provide high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where
students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach, and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Qualified individuals are being sought to establish a pool of readily available talented persons from which these vacancies are filled as they occur. The adjunct instructor is
responsible for teaching Graduate courses in the Counseling program. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching and student success.
UNT Dallas is hiring for the following positions to begin Fall 2019.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- School Counseling
- College and Career Readiness
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP (The Council for Accreditation of
Counseling and Related Educational Programs) accredited program or equivalent program.
- Eligible for License in Professional Counseling in the State of Texas (LPC).
- Proven teaching excellence in graduate instruction and demonstrated clinical competence in school counseling.
- Documented professional counselor identity as evidenced by education, teaching, clinical experience and professional affiliations (such as American
Counseling Association, Texas Counseling
Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision).
- Experience in online/hybrid instruction.
- Proven teaching excellence in Graduate instruction.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Familiarity with CACREP accreditation process.
- Evidence of student-orientated instruction and leading within a collaborative environment.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff, and faculty.
- Counseling skills; knowledge of statistics, diversity and addiction.
- Clinical experience as clinic director or practitioner, or supervisor of an agency, non-profit organization, or hospital
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Judith Nix @ [email protected]
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
University of North Texas at Dallas is an AA/ADA/EOE
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP (The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs) accredited program or equivalent program?
- * Are you eligible for License in Professional Counseling in the State of Texas (LPC)?
- * Identify the disciplines below that you have a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
- Child Development & Family Studies
- School Counselor Education
- Human Services
- Mediation Specialist
- Substance Abuse
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript