Assistant Professor of Accounting
CSU Channel Islands invites applicants for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Accounting. Responsibilities of the faculty member within the Martin V. Smith School of Business & Economics include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Accounting (e.g., Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Accounting for Managerial Decision Making), leading to Bachelor of Science in Business or Masters in Business Administration (MBA). CSU Channel Islands faculty members are teacher/scholars who are expected to engage in an ongoing program of scholarship demonstrating intellectual and professional growth. Additionally, all faculty members are expected to assume an active collegial role in planning and governance through service on Martin V. Smith School of Business and Economics and campus-wide committees.
This appointment is scheduled to start at the beginning of Fall semester (late August) 2020.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or a related field. Candidates with Doctoral degree from a related field must have a Master's Degree in Accounting or CPA or CMA. ABD candidates will be considered, and they are expected to hold a doctoral degree or to complete the degree by August 21, 2020.
- Demonstrated preparation for teaching Accounting at a university level;
- A record of effective teaching with a variety of methodologies;
- Evidence of on-going scholarly activities;
- Commitment to work in teams;
- Applicants must address these requirements in their cover letters or required documents.
- As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Commitment to curriculum planning, development and implementation;
- Ability and interest in teaching a wide range of subjects within and across disciplines;
- Commitment to working in a multiethnic, multilingual, and multicultural environment;
- Work/consulting experience in private or public sector related to Business & Economics.
For more information and to apply online please visit our website at: www.csucifacultyjobs.com. Application review begins on 07/15/2019.