Employer Relations and Development Temporary Coordinator
Job location: Illinois: Chicago
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-31
Department59678 Enrollment And Student AdvanceAbout the UnitCareer Advancement serves a student population of over 6,000 arts and sciences undergraduate students, in addition to alumni who have graduated within the last five years. Career Advancement plays a vital role in ensuring our students’ success after graduation. Career Advancement offers innovative and comprehensive career development services to the University of Chicago's undergraduate students with a focus on pre-professional preparation, experiential education, and opportunities. Through career advising, programs, and comprehensive resources, Career Advancement supports undergraduate students and alumni as they develop the skills necessary to manage their career development, while working with alumni and employers to provide students with meaningful opportunities. For more information, please visit the Career Advancement website at careeradvancement.uchicago.edu.Job Information
The Employer Relations and Development (ERD) team establishes and enhances employer relationships across industries and in multiple geographic locations to connect talented UChicago students with leading organizations for job outcomes and experiential education opportunities. The team contributes to the growth of the full-time outcomes and the University’s premiere Jeff Metcalf Internship Program that places students into 2,500+ paid substantive opportunities in the academic year through the cultivation of employer partnerships includes active engagement with alumni, parents, and friends of the University to promote new professional opportunities in target regions and industries. In addition to the Metcalf Program, the ERD team provides superior customer service to all employer partners recruiting UChicago students, including the management of a robust on-campus recruiting program during peak hiring seasons. This is an administrative role, involving a keen attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive priorities.
The Temporary Coordinator will support the Employer Relations & Development (ERD) team with:
- Planning and execution of recruiting cycles (information sessions, coffee chats, interviews)
- Support all on-campus recruiting logistics including interview schedules, daily operations, and student/employer communication.
- This position will offer significant administrative support including data entry, preparation of resume packets, drafting communication, updating office calendars, and monitoring interview schedules and event details in the Handshake career management platform system
- Assist with staffing on-campus company presentations and coffee chats. This may involve early mornings and late evenings work during peak recruiting seasons.
- Administration of the flagship Jeff Metcalf Internship Program, especially during peak recruiting cycles
- Support all logistics of the program, including employer hiring data, processing student stipends, outcomes analysis, etc.
- Communication with employer partners to support them in their internship recruitment and prepare for next year’s cycle
- Daily management of the University’s job board, including taking full ownership of the approval process for inbound employer and job requests
- Research for special programs and initiatives to help expand opportunities for UChicago students
- Collection of hiring information; tracking, entering and updating student placements and compiling data for full-time and internship recruiting reports.
- Supports the preparation of data for reports and special requests including but not limited to student placement statistics, employer registration information, employer engagement, job posting and general system usage statistics, and regional outcomes.
- Support staff with summer and fall travel planning and provide event preparation assistance
- Deep commitment to customer service and the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of professionalism when interacting with internal and external constituents and demonstrated ability in maintaining collaborative relationships with a diverse range of customers.
- Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently.
- Tact and professionalism in interactions with internal and external participants in the program, include the ability to handle confidential student records
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to communicate to large groups as well as one-on-one with students, employers, colleagues, senior leadership, faculty, alumni, etc.
- Patient and tolerant attitude toward demanding clients and work. Willingness and ability to work some evenings.
- Demonstrated ability to use Internet-based recruiting programs and learn new technologies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Cover Letter
- Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the applicationBenefit EligibilityNoPay FrequencyHourlyPay RangeDepends on QualificationsScheduled Weekly Hours37.5UnionNon-UnionJob is Exempt?NoDrug Test Required?NoDoes this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?NoHealth Screen Required?NoPosting Date2019-05-31-07:00Remove from Posting On or Before2019-11-30-08:00Posting Statement:The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.