Assoc Director of Admissions for Diversity and Outreach Initatives
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-30
JOB TITLEAssoc Director of Admissions for Diversity and Outreach InitativesLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEUndergraduate AdmissionsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI’s efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. The individual will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with guidance counselors and key educational organizations. Lead team to develop strategies to support targeted recruitment for the enrollment of special (domestic) populations including women and underrepresented students.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Conduct Admissions presentations and interviews on- and off-campus.
- Travel (5 to 6 weeks in the fall and 2 to 3 weeks in the spring) for recruitment and public relations purposes.
- Review and evaluate admissions applications. Serve as a second reader and committee captain during application review.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, social media, letter or phone.
- Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic regions.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- In concert with the Director, develop a strategic recruitment plan to attract and enroll women and underrepresented students.
- Oversee the planning and execution of on campus events that support the recruitment and enrollment of women and underrepresented students.
- In concert with Communications strategist, build upon existing communications plan to communicate effectively with targeted populations and Community Based Organizations through email, text and print campaigns.
- Leverage existing recruitment platforms (Cappex’s Project Greenlight, Strive for College, etc.) to expand recruitment funnel.
- Manage budget associated with the recruitment of these targeted populations.
- Deliver training to department and sub-division staff on the unique challenges associated with the recruitment of underrepresented students and women in STEM disciplines.
- Supervise Admissions counselors who support targeted domestic recruitment of underrepresented students and women.
- Oversee the management of student employees who support the recruitment and enrollment of women and underrepresented students.
- Report on the recruitment and enrollment of women and underrepresented students.
- Liaise with the Office of Multicultural Affairs in the recruitment of women and underrepresented students.
- Staff Undergraduate Enrollment Services programs and events – such as open houses and Touch Tomorrow – which may occur during nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Six to eight years admissions experience in a professional capacity is desired.
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver’s license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently, yet also as part of a successful team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level, and maturity.
- Bilingual skills desirable.