Extension Agent for 4-H Youth Development - Estill County
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Extension Agent for 4-H Youth Development - Estill County Requisition Number RE18577 Working Title Department Name 81314: KCES District 4 Work Location Irvine, KY Grade Level 00 Salary Range Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
No set minimum requirements.Click here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.Required License/Registration/Certification
Job-related travel including overnight stays; visiting clientele at sites throughout the county (including farms); standing/walking for long periods; handling of average-weight objects up to 25 lbs.Shift
Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with evenings and weekends as needed. Most weeks will exceed 40 hours.Job Summary
Extension Agent for 4-H Youth Development in Estill County.
Location: Irvine, KY
The Extension Agent for 4-H Youth Development will work to provide leadership and management to the overall 4-H youth development programs for Estill County. Agent responsibilities include: 1) implementing a well-rounded program that develops youth through school and community-based programs; 2) recruiting and training volunteers and leaders to work with youth; 3) utilizing and/or developing councils, advisory groups, and committees in programing around issues involving leadership development, community involvement, local government, community services and other forms of community economic development.
This position will serve all clientele ensuring that all youth and adults have an equal opportunity to participate in Extension programs regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
All agents in a county will support the dissemination of useful and practical information on subjects relating to Agriculture, Family Consumer Sciences, 4-H and Community and Rural Development as outlined in the KRS statutes 164.605 to 164.675.
Resume, cover letter and transcript(s) are required at time of application.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing with groups and individuals and through mass media. Ability to use the computer for program delivery and management. Ability to visit clientele at sites throughout the county. Ability to plan and teach educational programs. Demonstrated leadership and ability to serve as a positive role model.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
Master’s Degree in Education, Agriculture, Family & Consumer Sciences, Social Science, or similar field of study.Deadline to Apply 06/20/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree or expect to graduate within 6 months?
- * What is your undergraduate GPA? Note: If you will receive your degree within 6 months indicate your current GPA. If you have already completed a Master's degree please indicate that instead of your undergraduate GPA.
- Completed Master's
- 3.0 - 4.0
- 2.5 - 2.99
- below 2.5
- * How many years experience (paid or non-paid) do you have working with youth?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Indicate below the answer that best describes your experience with 4-H.
- Have been employed by the Cooperative Extension Service and worked with 4-H
- Have been a 4-H leader/4-H volunteer
- Was an active 4-H member
- Participated in some 4-H programs
- Have no involvement with 4-H
- * Describe your experience working with youth.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What teaching and leadership skills/experience do you have with adults and children?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Local print media
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript