Sponsored Research Accounting Analyst
Princeton University’s Office of Finance & Treasury is seeking a sponsored research accounting analyst for an 18-month term position. The SRA Analyst plays a pivotal role in supporting the mission of the Sponsored Research Accounting department by ensuring financial compliance of the University’s sponsored research expenditures, which exceeded $300 million in FY18.
This position is responsible for managing a complex portfolio of sponsored awards for assigned academic departments and ensuring compliance with federal regulations, sponsors’ award agreements and University policies. This position is responsible for performing essential duties including interpreting contract language for proper contract and bill plan setup in the PeopleSoft 9.2 Grants Management system, responding to inquiries from the University’s grants community and external sponsors, reviewing costs for compliance, certifying financial reports and timely completing the award closeout process.
This position will leverage data analysis to help identify process improvements for increased operational efficiency as well as perform certain duties with a high degree of independence and accuracy.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.Responsibilities
- Award Management and Financial Compliance Oversight
- Customer Service and Partnership
- Contract Review and Award Set-up
- Grant Management Functional and Technical Expertise
- Other duties
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 - 4 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and other electronic databases and financial systems, ideally PeopleSoft Grants
- Ability to read and understand government grant and contract language and understand federal rules and regulations
- Understanding of foreign currency exchanges and billing issues
- Interpersonal and customer service skills are needed to work with multiple departments and sponsoring agencies
- This position must adapt well to change and continuous learning and improvement
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or relevant field
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Coeus, Cognos
- Experience with the administration and accounting for federal sponsored research grants
- Experience at Princeton University or a university similar to Princeton University
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeADM, 040Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoEstimated Appointment End Date12/31/2020Physical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredNo