Visiting Lecturer - Physics
Visiting Lecturer - PhysicsJob no: 500712
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Physics and Applied Physics
Applications Open: May 30 2019
General Summary of Position:
The applicant would be expected to teach introductory-level high-enrollment Physics and Astronomy courses. The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to teaching with skills that complete and enhance the department’s growing base of full-time faculty. Additional duties would include coordination of the graduate teaching assistants leading the laboratory component of these high-enrollment lecture courses.
UML is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in these areas.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ph.D. in Physics or related field (must have Ph.D. by the time of appointment)
- Demonstrated teaching ability in physics and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a non-tenured teaching faculty position.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include the following required documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy
- Evidence of teaching (syllabus, course description, class evaluation, etc.)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.