Student Assistant - Mail Services
Position Title:Student Assistant - Mail Services Job Category:Student Department:Campus Services - 7010750 Division:Business & Finance Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Student Assistant is housed in the Office of GGC Mail Services and reports to the Claw Card Coordinator. This individual will perform the duties of:
Assisting with reports, file maintenance, mailing letters, making copies, faxing documents, data entry, making phone calls, and assisting staff with special projects as needed.
Strong analytical and customer service skills and the ability to prioritize effectively are essential to the basic job functions.
Mail Services Work Study will
*Deliver and receive all campus mail
*Operate a variety of mail center equipment and golf carts
*Prioritize mail by using effective time management skills
*Follow through to ensure that all deliveries are handled in a timely manner
*Perform other duties as assigned
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Student job applicants and student employees must be in good standing with the campus Office of Student Conduct.Preferred Qualifications: Strong communication and interpersonal skills, advanced computer skills and knowledge of postage and mailing equipment are a plus.
* Possess excellent time management skills
* Ability to maintain a neat and organized work environment
* Capable of standing, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling and reaching continuously through shift
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evening and weekend assignments with regular hours scheduled anywhere from Monday thru Friday: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PMPhysical Requirements: Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Ability to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions. The employee must be capable of standing, lifting, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling, and reaching continuously throughout working shift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Capable of standing, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling and reaching continuously through shift Position Disclosure:
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Hours: No more than 19 hours per week. Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Varies from 8:00am - 7:00pm Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt