Position Title: Counselor; Part-time
Location: Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545
Position Type: Faculty
Posting Date: 06-01-2019
Closing Date: 07-01-2019
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking one Counselor/Instructor for Chabot College in Hayward, California. This position reports directly to the Dean of Counseling.
1. Providing personal, academic and career counseling services to diverse student populations in support of student access, equity and success.
2. Coordinating various counseling-related activities, leading initiatives in support of the Student Success and Support Program, and participating in shared governance of the college.
Representative Duties Continued:
This position is part-time, non-tenure track. Employment will begin in Fall 2019.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Master's Degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling; OR the equivalent.
NOTE: A Bachelor's degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline.
You must email your transcripts to the contact listed along with the rest of your application materials. You must include all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2019 will be considered, provided the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called "Other Document". If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the "Equivalent provision" must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document called "Equivalency Statement".
- Master's degree: accredited college/university; counseling, clinical/counseling psychology, rehabilitation, social, MFT/equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience with academic, career and personal counseling in a community college.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention counseling services and demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of confidentiality requirements.
- Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse, academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
- Demonstrated professional experience in counseling, in languages other than English, such as Spanish, Chinese, or Tagalog.
- Experience utilizing modern counseling technologies used in higher education, such as degree audit, student administration/online.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team effort for student access, equity, and success.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transfer degrees, transfer curriculum, and transfer services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of career-technical education programs, academic pathways and comprehensive student education planning
- Evidence of participation in shared governance/committee work.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Required Applicant Documents:
Please email the application materials below to:
Debra Trigg, Dean of Counseling
Personal Qualifications Statement
Transcripts / Credentials