Mobile Health Program Mammographer
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Medical Radiographer is a valuable member of our team, whoprovides clinical services to our patient population.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient careand possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our highstandard of excellence.
Duties of a TH MedicalRadiographer in the Mobile Health Program may include the following but are notlimited to:
BriefDescription of Duties:
1.Technical /Clinical Responsibilities
· Positionpatients, provides immobilization devices, as required, to produce diagnosticimaging
· Selectsproper technical factors on an individual patient basis
· Selectsand operates equipment as directed.
· Providesprotection in accordance with prescribed safety standards
· PerformsQA to images and facilitate in the delivery of the images and exams PAC’ssystem for dictation.
· Assistphysician in the administration of opaque media when applicable
· Practicesterile techniques and prevents cross contamination
· Responsiblefor delegating areas of authority in the performance of routine or specialprocedures.
· Maybe responsible for specific areas of instruction in the school of technologyand ancillary personnel
· Willbe required to oversee and instruct students or appropriate hospital personnelestablished procedures and operation of equipment in accordance with theguideline and teaching objectives of the department.
· In the absence of a supervisor or senior technologist may be designated as acting supervisor.
· Assist in performing first aid.
· Conductperiodic quality control tests
· Participateor conduct research in required specialty.
· Maintainadequate records as directed
· Maintainorder and cleanliness
· Securesand returns supplies
§ Cooperates with all personnel in the properconduct of the department
§ Rotates within the department and otherdepartments and by shift as required
§ Maintains ethical relationships
§ Adheres to hospital and departmentalrules and regulations.
§ May be required to assist in thedevelopment of technical factors
§ May assist in the use of a variety ofequipment or procedures, not routinely taught
§ Participate in in-service programs
§ Participate in annual recertificationtraining, compliance training, HIPPA training
· Performother related duties as required
· Maintain licensure, including BLS and AED certification.
RequiredQualifications: Graduate of a Diagnostic Radiology Program. New York StateDepartment of Health Licensed in Radiology Technology. Current ARRT and BLSCertification.2 years of experience in Mammography / Breast Imaging.
PreferredQualifications: Associates degree and hospital experience. Bilingual in Spanish. One year experience in the field of Radiology is preferred. Registered in Mammography.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smokefree environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus,including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass daysand shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing ofrespiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
Theselected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Priorto start date, the selectedcandidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully completepre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from StonyBrook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will beresponsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) writtenreferences, and provide a copy of any required New York Statelicense(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any ofthe above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocationof the employment offer.
The bestideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, ourhighest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives.Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-relatedinitiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is LongIsland’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as theregion’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home tothe Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony BrookChildren’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony BrookDigestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designatedComprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, theChristopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center.It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunityemployer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campusclimate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, womenand minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THEUNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THEUNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OURCRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CANALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Field: Radiology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Schedule: Per Diem
Posting Start Date: May 30, 2019
Posting End Date: Ongoing