University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Department of Pathology
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public researchuniversity serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degreeseach year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any otherColorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning facultyand renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programsthrough 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million inresearch awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-relatedprograms and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significantnumber of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver,our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s mostvibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center forPerforming Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staffaccess to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational andcultural outlets
A nationalleader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensiveacademic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the RockyMountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education,research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges,CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blendingeducation, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategiccollaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to traveldirectly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Factshere
The University of Colorado Denver seeks apostdoctoral fellow to work in the Department of Pathology at the AnschutzMedical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver is committedto recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The University strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness,respect, communication and understanding.
Thisfull time post-doctoral research position will be responsible for Breast CancerResearch and will provide training in pre-clinical oncology models andmolecular biology in the laboratory. We are seeking motivated individuals tojoin our dynamic group of dedicated breast cancer researchers focusing onhormone receptor positive breast cancer. There will be an emphasis on cell and molecularbiology, tumor biology, endocrinology, metabolism, cancer stem cells, andtreatment resistance. Bioinformatic skills would offer an advantage. Thecandidate will receive some oversight and be provided minimal daily supervisionfrom the PI and junior faculty in the laboratory. The position will providetraining in breast cancer tumor biology and hormones and cancer. The successfulcandidate will be expected to write grants and manuscripts. The lab is locatedon the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. The position is a facultyresearch position with the primary duties to conduct research and is notinvolved in the instructional program. The position is not eligible for tenure.
Specificjob duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Dailyresearch laboratory bench work skills, moderate lifting of research laboratorysupplies, handling of research laboratory animals and good hand to eyecoordination.
- Executionof molecular biology assays including protein/mRNA/DNA extraction, processing,and analysis.
- Processingand management of patient tissue samples (serum, normal tissues, tumor tissuesand fluid)
- Nextgeneration sequencing applications; understanding of genomic-based platforms andsample preparation.
- Cellline maintenance; good practice tissue culture skills.
- Somesupervision exercised for training pre-doctoral students and professionalresearch assistants with opportunity to earn co-authorships.
- Collaborationwith other laboratories including PIs, postdocs, or professional researchassistants.
- Completeresearch projects, data analysis, and prepare research presentations andwritten manuscripts for publication.
- Prepareand submit grants for postdoctoral research fellowships.
- Thecandidate must be willing to learn relevant techniques from the PI and otherpersonnel and function with a reasonable level of independence.
Specialconditions of employment:
Candidate must meeteligibility requirements for the NIH T32 postdoctoral fellowship award
Salaryis commensurate with skills and experience and adheres to the NIH establishedguidelines for postdoc pay scales. Informationon University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at EmployeeServices.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- PhD degree, or expected graduation within 6 months, from an accredited college or university in the biological sciences, preferred molecular biology or equivalent.
- Proven experience in cancer research working with laboratory animals and working knowledge using a wide range of molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in writing scientific manuscripts and in preparing grant applications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Eligibility for federal grants from the National Institutes of Health.
- It is expected the successful applicant will function well as part of a collaborative research team.
- The position is expected to be flexible for evening and weekend hours for collection and processing of clinical samples.
- A publication record in the English language in PubMed referenced journals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 29, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing