Lab Assistant Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201905061682 35% Part Time Other $33,638 - $38,962 Position Information The purpose of this position is to help the UCR Perception, Action, and Development Lab (PADLAB) take part in the NIH-funded PLAY project. The PLAY project involves collecting data from families with young infants in the Riverside County area through surveys and home visits. The ideal candidate would be someone with a strong research background who has experience recruiting, scheduling, and collecting data from human subjects (in particular children), who has excellent communication skills, and can manage and organize data and other files relating to a scientific research project. Minimum Requirements Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma and one year of laboratory experience or two years of college including courses in the natural, physical or social sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
Ability to work with good judgement
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and time management skills
Able to work 14 hours/week for a 1-year commitment
The laboratory assistant must have a valid Driver's license and be able to travel using
personal vehicle to make home visits to families in the Riverside County area
Proficiency in the use of email, word processing, and spreadsheet software
Preferred Qualifications Bachelor's degree in psychology, Cognitive Science, Education, or a related field
At least 1 year of experience conducting research with human subjects (ideally children and/or infants)
Knowledgeable about basic concepts in experimental research with human subjects.
Proficiency in data analysis software such as SPSS, Matlab, and/or R.
Experience interacting with infants, children, and their families
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position