Retail Foodservice Attendant
Retail Foodservice Attendant
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00856Position TitleRetail Foodservice AttendantWorking TitleUS FT 9 MO - EveningPosition NumberPay Grade/CategoryContributor BPosition TypeNon-exempt Division and Department Information DivisionFinance and AdministrationDepartmentDining Services Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Provides products and services to guests as appropriate to assigned retail location. Follows proper food handling techniques and recipes, delivers excellent customer service, maintains good sanitation and cleanliness practices, and provides customers with an enjoyable experience during all meal periods. Assists with training retail new staff as needed. May be assigned to various retail operation locations on campus.
Primary duties Include:
- Attendants are responsible for positively greeting guests, providing excellent dining experiences and service to customers, preparing quality product utilizing recipes and all necessary equipment, and ensuring unit is well stocked and organized in a neat, clean manner.
- POS register
- Food preparation (cold and hot)
- Non-alcoholic drink preparation
- General utility duties
- Assist in training staff
- POS register
- Follows HACCP guidelines, Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations, OSHA regulations, safety policies, and ServSafe standards; ensures the cleanliness of prepartation areas, all seating, and serving areas; documents HACCP information such as food and equipment temperatures, times of food batches, packing data for food set-ups on the line, e.g. label information for pre-packaged deli salads.
- Assists guests with food allergies, special requests and customized preparation, and possesses a working knowledge of food ingredients.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure that all facilities and equipment are left in the appropriate condition at the end of each shift.
- Follows proper cash handling policies and procedures.
- Promotes positive relationships within and outside of the department through effective communication.
- This position is designated as “emergency response personnel”. “Emergency response personnel” are required to report to work when the college is delayed or closed. They may also be called in at any time of the day to respond to weather and/or other types of emergencies as needed.
Other Duties May Include:
- Assist the Retail Operations Manager as needed.
- Detailed cleaning in units.
- Support special events and programs.
- Ensure a safe and inclusive environment is maintained in assigned location.
High School Diploma or GED
Experience in a food service operation preferred but not required.
This position requires employee to stand up to 6 hours at a time, climb stairs, lift frequently up to 40 pounds, and twist, bend, and reach constantly.Work Schedule Advertised Work Schedule
Second Shift, Includes weekends
9 month position, means summers off
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers