Extension Specialist - Rock Eagle 4-H Center Director
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number F0380P Working Title Extension Specialist - Rock Eagle 4-H Center Director Department CAES State 4-H About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department
https://www.caes.uga.edu/College/Unit/Department website https://georgia4h.org/4-h-centers/rock-eagle-4-h-centers/ Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS or ORP Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Underutilization Minorities & Females Advertised Salary Commensurate with qualifications Anticipated Start Date 08/01/2019 Effective End Date (for Limited-Term postings) Job Posting Date 05/28/2019 Job Closing Date Open until filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Location of Vacancy Rock Eagle 4-H Center EEO Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Details Position Information Classification Title Public Service Professional AC Pay Grade FLSA Faculty Rank Open Rank Contract Type Fiscal (12 mo.) Tenure Status Non-Tenure Track Minimum Qualifications Position Summary
This Public Service faculty position will serve as the Director of the Rock Eagle 4-H Center and coordinator of those 4-H programs which are conducted on the Rock Eagle campus with other University of Georgia Public Service faculty members who work in the Georgia 4-H Program at the county, state, and district level. Rock Eagle 4-H Center serves as the central operation for much of the Georgia 4-H program. The Center serves approximately 60,000 guests each year and generates over $5 million in revenue to support the total 4-H program. This faculty position will be responsible for the programs, fiscal management and accountability, personnel and payroll matters, and physical plant operations which includes, food service, building and landscape maintenance, housekeeping services, and security.
Serving as a Public Service faculty position, the Center Director will have the opportunity to interact with University of Georgia State 4-H staff on a regular basis for planning, program development, and communication critical to the educational programs operated at the 4-H Center. As a faculty member the individual will have the chance to interact with 4-H faculty at other Land Grant Universities with similar responsibilities and enhance UGA 4-H’s contributions to the field of environmental education, summer camping programs, and facility operations through professional associations, work groups, and conferences.Additional Requirements
A Master’s degree in Human/Youth Development, Sociology, Education, Agriculture, Family & Consumer Sciences, Recreation, or related area.
A Bachelor’s degree is acceptable for a Public Service Provisional appointment. This provisional faculty classification is offered for no more than three years without review. You may apply for a regular service faculty appointment upon completion of an advanced degree or successful progression through the public service promotion process. See the University of Georgia Guidelines for Appointments and Promotions for Public Service and Outreach Academic Rank for complete details http://outreach.uga.edu/policies/appointment-and-promotion-guidelines/Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or Certification Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies Physical Demands Does this position have financial responsibilities? Yes Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Is driving a responsibility of this position? Yes Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of the State 4-H Staff and coordinates the use of the 4-H Center with other Public Service faculty that offer 4-H educational programs at Rock Eagle.
- Coordinates the school year environmental education program with the Extension 4-H Specialist —Science and Environmental Education (EE) and supervises the onsite coordination of EE at Rock Eagle.
- Coordinates the 4-H summer camping program with the Extension 4-H Specialist—Summer Camping and assists with the program planning and supervision of summer camp counselors at Rock Eagle.
- Collaborates with county, district, and state 4-H staff on program delivery for EE, summer camp, fund development, and 4-H curriculum development.
- Serves a liaison to the local community and collaborates with local school system, Chamber of Commerce, Eatonton – Putnam Historical Society, and Scenic Byway Commission in efforts to support the educational aspects of the Rock Hawk.
- Employs, trains, and supervises staff to operate facilities including dining hall, maintenance, administrative, housekeeping, and program staff. Responsible for security of facilities and personnel.
- Responsible for all fiscal and business matters at Rock Eagle 4-H Center, including account receivables, account payables, personnel records, financial reports, and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for checking groups in and out, maintenance of records/database, and provides on-site assistance to user groups to ensure conference and educational services are provided at an optimal level.
- Responsible for evaluations of center programs and personnel. Plans and coordinates workshops and programs for user groups and maintains user-friendly website.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of References with Contact Information
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Documents #1