Associate Web Developer- Marketing and Communication
DescriptionThe Office of Communications and Marketing (UCM) has overall responsibility for marketing and brand management, media relations and content creation, producing various print and digital publications and communications for the University. The office optimizes the coordination of strategies and programs for these areas.
The Junior Web Developer supports a team of Senior Web Developers, Strategists, and a Senior UI Designer in building and maintaining a portfolio of websites managed by UCM. This includes Tufts.edu, Tufts Magazine, Alumni & Friends, Summer at Tufts, and 90+ additional websites.
S/he assists all aspects of web development and deployment, from extending WordPress themes to updating Drupal core and contributed modules. Projects include supporting the UCM Digital Services team in upgrading its WordPress platform to Gutenberg (WordPress 5.0), as well as its Drupal platform (from 7 to 8).
The position is a growth opportunity for a Junior Web Developer interested in learning from—and supporting—senior developers on highly visible, university-wide projects, as well as fulfilling modest web development assignments for university clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, specialized training or equivalent experience
- 1 -3 years of experience with WordPress and Drupal content management systems.
- Experience working in a linux command line interface
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to brainstorm creative solutions to problems
- Experience collaborating with a diverse, multidisciplinary team
- Attention to detail
- Desire to learn and apply new skills
- Friendly, creative, collaborative, and independent
- Cares about writing code that is clean and maintainable
- Experience working in higher education a plus
- Experience with continuous integration systems and modern dev-ops practices a plus
An employee in this positionmust complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion,or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer –minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: IT (Information Technology)
Organization: Univ Rel - Comms & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 28, 2019, 10:09:05 AM