Financial Services Advisor Associate
Job location: Minneapolis, MN
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-28
The Financial Services Advisor Associate is responsible for maintaining an established level of efficiency and accuracy regarding the collection of accounts receivable. While building and maintaining productive working relationships with learners, the individual works to meet and exceed established team goals in the areas of bad debt expense.
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner to learners inquiries; ensuring questions are treated in a respectful/professional manner with the goal of assisting learners in the pursuit of their education.
- Communicate with learners regarding receivable account balances, past due invoices, and payment/financial aid options via email and phone, inbound and outbound.
- Drive learners towards holistic, and frequently out-of-the-box, financial resolutions.
- Accurately logs customer interactions into systems; updates logged information in a timely manner
- Adhere to and enforce standardized policy and procedures related to learner account collection and billing activity.
- Negotiate repayment schedules based on learners’ financial situations.
- Advocate on learners behalf for exceptions to policies.
- Education: Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience: One or more years of experience preferred in: collections of student receivables, collections of student loans, in-house collections, financial aid, higher education finances/billing, or strong customer service background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced customer service skills. Comfortable handling difficult customer situations.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- Dependable self-starter, able to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and attain results.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented structure.
- Adaptable to a fast paced environment, frequently changing processes, and complex software applications.
- Strong technological skills and aptitude. Includes skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, applied expertise accessing internet or systems-based information, PeopleSoft, CRM and other financial aid related software
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]