Director of Digital Initiatives and Instructional Design
Director of Digital Initiatives and Instructional Design,
Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor, FSC (Job # 12908)
Arizona State University
School of International Letters and Cultures
The School of International Letters & Cultures (SILC) at Arizona State University, Tempe campus invites applications for a Director of Digital Initiatives and Instructional Design, at the rank of Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor with an anticipated start date of July - August 2019. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, non-tenure eligible position renewable on a fiscal year appointment (July 1 – June 30) contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university.
The successful candidate will oversee and manage SILCs on-line programs, design and develop curriculum course materials; incorporating technology and best practices, conduct research in instructional technology and artificial intelligence-based learning tools, and report to the School Director.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Leadership role and research in developing innovative technology and AI-based tools for digital learning.
• Responsible for planning and executing digital program and course development.
• Responsible for overseeing budget of online program.
• Assesses online courses using QM standards.
•Prepares grant proposals in support of development initiatives.
• Supervises activities of and collaborates with SILC’s Learning Support Services.
• Leads in assisting faculty and staff in technology skills acquisition, development, and enhancement.
• Recommends technology-based hardware and software solutions for instructional use.
• Evaluates diverse individual and department training needs in the area of instructional technology and instructional design, recommends professional development plans for faculty, and implements plans as needed.
• Designs, updates, delivers and implements training programs, workshops and seminars, multimedia and other instructional technologies.
• Researches, writes and produces clear documentation and other instructional materials (websites, multimedia and online tutorials) to support faculty learning.
• Remains current on and evaluates emerging technologies that have potential value for teaching and learning through training sessions, conferences and publications.
• Represents the college and serves on various department and university committees.
• Provides online program assistance and support to units within the College.
• Ph.D. in Educational Technology, or related field in hand by time of appointment, and substantial experience providing educational technology development services, including management responsibilities; OR any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Experience in curriculum design and creating instructional assessment materials.
• Experience integrating innovative digital technologies into curriculum to enhance student learning.
• Experience in designing, developing, implementing and revising online and hybrid courses and course materials in a higher education environment.
• Experience with the pedagogy of Applied Linguistics and/or Second Language Acquisition
• Experience collaborating and supporting faculty with digital initiatives and programs.
• Experience with building and maintaining effective working relationships with organizations within the University.
• Experience managing short-term and long-term projects.
• Experience developing and teaching professional development curriculum in a higher-education setting.
• Experience with AI approaches, practices and tools.
• Demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities.
To apply, please submit electronically to: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/asu/SILC the following:
1. A letter of interest outlining their teaching, programming, research, qualifications and experience as it relates to the position
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number)
Initial application deadline is June 12, 2019; If not filled, applications will be reviewed every week thereafter until search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. ASU's full non-discrimination statement (ACD401) is located on the ASU website at: https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf
You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.