Senior Tutor Academic Achievement Center, Science
Senior Tutor Academic Achievement Center, ScienceTracking Code190553 Job Description
An AAC Tutor will work one-on-one with students who have requested tutoring assistance for a specific course. Tutors will spend up to 90 minutes per week with each student, helping them learn and comprehend course material, understand projects and papers, help students study for exams, and provide best practice study skills and techniques. An AAC Tutor may also aid drop-in students in the Academic Achievement Center and assist the AAC Tutor coordinator on occasion. This position should expect to work up to 25 hours per week during regular business hours and occasionally on evenings and weekends.Required Skills
- Ability to tutor students in Science courses, such as Biology, Chemistry, Nursing, Anatomy, Physiology, etc.
- Well-developed communication and organizational skills
- Availability to work during the weekday
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during business hours (M – F, 8am – 5pm)
- Experience using technology, such as email and educational databases
- Experience tutoring, teaching, or communicating via online learning platforms, such as Zoom or Skype
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- Two years or more of tutoring/teaching/professional experience with a minimum of one year tutoring experience in a college academic achievement center
- Experience working with students with disabilities
- Experience using technology, such as basic file saving, uploading documents, and other educational uses
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Learning Management Systems, email and educational databases
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time